Sunday 15 September 2013

Cheat Night? It's a Date...

 
How can one ever begrudge a cheat night? It is the simple mirage in the midst of boring healthy eating, it has more flavour and calories that a person can actually eat without being scrapped off the roof with a spatula.
 
It's a fairly new concept to me.  I mean who actually sets aside one day for freedom of eating? The cheat meal is now the 20th century's Nelson Mandela of dieting.  I always just assumed freedom of eating encouraged a sort of diet coup.  Turns out I need to add this to the asshat list...
 
I found this comment on Shape.com - Ask the Doc section, Mike Roussell, PhD, was the doc handing out the nuggets of advice:
 
Stop calling it "cheating." You earned it!
The psychology of cheating on your diet is bad. It conjures up images like raiding the refrigerator in a dark kitchen to devour the last piece of pie, hoping no one sees you. I prefer to think of them as "splurge meals." The splurge concept comes from a colleague Rachel Cosgrove, author of the Female Body Breakthrough. Rachel wants clients to splurge on a delicious meal just as they would a new pair of shoes. It's not something you do every day. Enjoy it while it lasts and then get back on your plan (dietary or financial). If you can hit your target number of clean meals during the week, then you aren’t "cheating" when you go out to enjoy a great meal with wine and dessert. You are simply rewarding yourself for a great week and meeting your diet goals.
 
I guess it's time I bought myself a pair of chocolate sweetie pies and left the world for dead.  Just remember that we are no longer calling it a diet... it is now a healthy eating lifestyle.

Me on cheat night

 
Who am I to discount a doctor's advice? Cheat night booked. (Dives head first into bucket filled with Wakaberry)
 
 
Today: Run, fat bitch.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com