Monday 30 September 2013

Top Tips for Eating on the Road

 
 
 
 

I changed jobs a few months ago; from desk publisher to sales rep can be a complete shock to the system. I am now mulling around malls, temptation at every corner – this was a big dipper for me with regards to sticking to my healthy lifestyle. I lived on cappuccinos and Woolworths wraps. STODGY, is the word for it. These foods also didn’t do much for my mood, concentration or overall well-being. I had to readjust. Here are the top five tips for eating on the road.


1) Eat Breakfast
I literally enter each day not knowing when I can sit down and eat lunch, most of the time I end up eating lunch in my car or grabbing something (hopefully, healthy) at a restaurant before I see the next bookstore. So, I have breakfast, something Low in GI to keep me fuller for longer – perhaps wholewheat toast and peanut butter, with a side of fruit.
 
 
2) Cherry tomatoes & cucumber
These are my two favourite vegetables. I pop a few in a container and I can eat in traffic without any hassle – the only thing is they tend to get hot in the car, so I keep them in a cooler bag lunch box.
 
3) Drinking Yoghurts
These are amazing when on the run. I can grab a 500ml bottle of drinking yoghurt (usually the slimmers choice one from Woolworths, or Gero’s brand of drinking yoghurt has lower calories) it’s an equivalent to 2 slices of bread, it’s sweetened and just usually hits the spot when I am caught hungry with no time to eat.
 
 
4) Water
I discovered fairly quickly that my body confused thirst with hunger, so I carry 1.5 litre bottle of water in my car at all times. Granted it gets warm on hot days - to which I park in the shade – it’s a great way to stay hydrated and make sure you aren’t constantly ‘hungry’.
 
5) Always prepare
Eating healthy is tricky, and throwing yourself under the bus for one craving does more damage then moving on to the next meal like it’s your first. To avoid this is to prepare, carry around healthy snacks (i.e. nuts, yoghurt, fruits, provitas) in your car to avoid rushed bingeing.

 
 
 
Remember, this week: Run, fat bitch.
 
 

1 comments:

Sugar and Snark said...

Some great tips!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com