Saturday 14 September 2013

Today, I am Starving!


You'll find me this morning clutching an unattractive bowl of dry All Bran Flakes, I have mixed it up (it's Friday after all) by adding raisins and a banana.  Today my diet sucks.  It sucks because I have allowed it become the same old boring sock.  I want to soak crispy french toast in bacon and tomato sauce.

I spent majority of my dieting life thinking a healthy diet was one where an Ethiopian refugee was allocated more 'eating' than I was.  I was, as we have established, always the chubby kid - yeah, ok, you can leave gifts of sympathy in cupcakes at the door - so, I am a dieting veteran.
 
While it is a complicated diet eating plan.  One that leaves me talking myself in circles about points being added for various foods.  In summary, it is a diet that allocates one point for the equivalent of 338kcal (a slice of bread); you are allocated twelve units per day to eat to your hearts content.  Certain foods, i.e. diet cold drinks, tomatoes, various fruits and veg, etc. are allocated zero calories and thus are free - it is these foods you bulk up on.  See what is happening here? A dietician that convinces you veggies are good for you - I think I have met the Mother Mary, kids.
 
It's been three years since I have held a McDonalds Big Mac in my hand.  I am not going to bullshit you and say I am better off for it - HELL NO - there were times I wanted to rip the face off a new-born to get a shot of FAT. Anything. I still need my fix of fatty, oily chips except now it isn't as frequent.
 
It's a complicated balance of effort and habit, but today is a sit on the floor and recount the delicious calories I have long yearned for day.
 
So this weeks plan is to follow the eating plan like a religion.  I am never one for a diet-guru that makes more money telling me what-not to eat than actually giving me some good graceful tips, but I have, by happenstance, fallen upon Dr. Oz's 100 Weight Loss Tips - there are some great tips...
 
Automate your eating by planning your meals ahead of time. That way you're less likely to make an unhealthy last-minute food choice.

You may be used to fried foods but there are other, sometimes healthier, ways to cook including: roasting, steaming, poaching, baking, braising and broiling.

Do your grocery shopping with a list and a time limit; that way, you're less likely to stray into the processed foods section.

Don't confuse thirst with hunger. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry to see if that's what you're really craving.
 
Odds are you're eating too fast. Try holding a conversation while having a meal so you're not gulping down more than you need to feel full
 
People who regularly weigh themselves and keep track of their progress in a journal are more likely to lose weight.
I am taking the last one to heart.
 
 
This week: Run, fat bitch.

1 comments:

Sugar and Snark said...

Oh wow those are some great tips! Taking note :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com