Monday 9 September 2013

Hi, my name is Kelly and I am fat.

Hi, my name is Kelly and I am fat.

 

 
I am fat. I am. Or at least that is what my hips tell my brain and my brain assumes the position of Switzerland as my eyes gape in disbelief. I always have been fat, and never known any different except when I ripped a 'thin' cousin's dress while playing dress-up.
 
In the last three years I have managed to lose approximately 50 kilograms, an entire child.  My clothes are a good ten sizes smaller than they were three years ago, but the journey wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, easy aerobics classes, and days of fulfilled hunger that had me gnawing on my desk.
 
It also didn't help that my family, loud and brash, are a family of food. Feelings equal food. Love equals food. We're the family that plans Lunch at Breakfast, Dinner at Lunch, and Breakfast at Dinner. We eat, munch, consume and talk about eating.  My dad's favourite: "You are so skinny. I'll snap you like a chicken bone - EAT SOMETHING!"
 
But that isn't why I am here ("You are the success story - the Messiah of diets"), I wanted a place that told me the good, the bad and the ugly God awful truth about finding the healthier lifestyle.  We all know it's the higher road, the better road, the road travelled, the yellow brick road, but not all of us have the stamina, urge, or even the tools to get there.  Enter Kelly.  This is the blog where you can laugh at yourself, weigh yourself, cry yourself to sleep while tugging your love handles, and debase all those crazies drinking goji-berry air.
 
Convene the Fat Bitches.
 
 
 

1 comments:

K E R E N said...

I do children's party entertainment. When I arrived back from overseas (America for 3 months) my beautiful pink fairy princess frock no longer fitted me! The zip just would not close on my now developed back boobs!

Happy to say that I have since lost all the travel blubber and am fitting into the gown well once again.

With time, training, eating clean (most of the time) and some fairy dust... the weight will shed!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com